FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Loses power after being off road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lopcar View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lopcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loses power after being off road
    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
Hi All,
Bought a 2012 evoque SD4 just before Christmas and within a week the diff broke. This was done by the dealer no problem but since then the car just loses power after it has been off road. I am talking foot to the floor and 0-60 in 29 seconds, and it wont even get to 80 !

The car has been to numerous places but no one can figure this out. There are no errors at all showing apart from abs but that was cleared.

The dealer suggested today that it was me and not the car, and that I should reverse the car for 5 seconds after going off road and engaging all systems off. Surely this cant be right or am I being a numpty ?

And help, advice, anything at this point would me most grateful.

many thanks

carlos

I also have a video of the acceleration but not sure how to post here.
Sponsored Links

johnh View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 9:40pm
It sounds like it is stuck in the wrong driving mode.
MY15 Corris grey,contrastroof,part blackpack,Dynamic Auto,shadow chrome,panoramic roof keyless entry,powered tailgate,spoiler,
Syl View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
Borrow another one, do the same. Does it work differently? If so, yours is broken. Get a refund if they can't fix it.  
MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:18pm
What do you mean by "after going off road", can you just select an off road mode and then reselect normal to provoke the fault.

It doesn't sound normal that's for sure, unless you are leaving it in snow mode.

Spend some time working out how to provoke the fault, then you can show your dealer exactly what the fault is. You have to spoon feed them the fault unfortunately.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
lopcar View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lopcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:51pm
Yes i go off road and sekect grass mode or mud and ruts. Then i get to tarmac and turn them all off. All if fine for maybe 2 minutes then all of a sudden no power. Is there a way to post vids up here ?
Steve D View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:27am
Do you get the same problem if you just select that mode without going off road, drive about a bit, then switch off after a while and try to drive normally?
Manly Santorini black SD4A Dynamic Lux with beastly ebony leather, brutish shadow chromes and privacy glass. Grrrrr. A real mans Evoque!
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 7:56am
Originally posted by lopcar lopcar wrote:

Yes i go off road and sekect grass mode or mud and ruts. Then i get to tarmac and turn them all off. All if fine for maybe 2 minutes then all of a sudden no power. Is there a way to post vids up here ?

I think the simplest way to post a video would to put it on youtube then post a link to it on here.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Harrier Alloys.
lopcar View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lopcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 1:54pm
I haven't tried the off road selection on the road. I only select it when on gravel or grass. I didn't think it was safe to do so ?

I will post it up on youtube if I can remember my logon and link up here, thanks again for the input

cheers
lopcar View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lopcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:56am
UPDATE

Just to let you guys know, there was a gearbox error message pop up now but only once. Trying to return the car as had it for 4 months but 3 of those spent in garages repairing, getting to be a joke really.

Mal.Prior View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal.Prior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:23pm
Gearbox message popping up could just be down to the cars battery being a little lower than optimum.
lopcar View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lopcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:34pm
It also shows up on the diagnostic machine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic