FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
capecodrover View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capecodrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intro
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:51pm
Hello, New to forum.   Have a 2017 Evoque (U.S.).  Love the car, but have problem with beeping in the rain.   
Sponsored Links

Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 11:07pm
Do you mean the car alarm beeps? 
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capecodrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 10:45pm
No, I don't think it is the car alarm.   It sounds more like the beep you get when you try to open the hatch with your foot and you don't have the key with you.   I think that the rain is triggering the foot sensor.   The first visit to the dealer about this was unsuccessful because they attributed the problem to the parking sensors and that wasn't the problem.
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
Sounds like you have gremlins Smile.  Just tried mine and no beeps from gesture tailgate when key is out of range Thumbs Down
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Yip-Man View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yip-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:36pm
I'm sure there was a fix out for what you mention (however on my16 evoque) sure I read it on forum ages ago a few or one had this issue with heavy rain and the gesture tailgate would beep as though trying to open.

I would mention this to Dealer
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capecodrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 5:23pm
Thanks.  I sent your response to my dealer.  Hopefully they will figure it out this trip.
steviegtr52 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviegtr52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:08pm
On our if its raining real heavy i cannot lock doors using finger. Have to use key. But not had any beeping. 
2016-66 HSE Dynamic Lux. Carpathian. H.U.D.Pan, Tints.Full in control 10" screen.Gloss black wheels,Black anodized nut & lockers. Ivory leather.Umb holder
2017 Ducati Multistrada 1200s with toys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic