FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

InControl Remote - Approved Used subscription?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HmmmUK View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HmmmUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: InControl Remote - Approved Used subscription?
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 5:06pm
New owner - so many questions!

I have just bought an Approved Used Evoque and see the InControl subscription expires Sept 2018.

I would have thought that the subscription would tie in with my 2 year warranty/LR Assist package?

I'll ask the dealer but thought I would start asking here to see if anyone else has any info.
Looking at the LR website I can't see any answers to this. And searching the forum I can see info on subscription renewal prices etc. is all a bit sketchy probably 'cos it's a new thing?!

Thanks.

MY15 2.2L | Pure Tech | Auto | Orkney Grey with Black Roof
Forum Photos
Sponsored Links

Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:35pm
sorry think mine expires next oct so will be in same boat although not sure i'm going to renew ... but interested to see who has extended it as to what it cost .... am sure it was a 3 year subscription although i could be wrong.... 
MY16 HSE Dynamic auto,Firenze red, black pano roof, Privacy Glass, cirrus interior, Dynamic Mode, 20 inch wheels, gesture tailgate, InControl Premium, 360 surround camera , keyless entry + few extras
restyler View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:40pm
At the end of my 3 year (free) subscription to incontrol - got a letter saying it had been extended for another year - Woo Hoo!!
 Stern Smile

Bigger than a MINI - Smaller than the Moon
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:33am
I Understand it is not cheap!!!
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:04am
restyler that is a result maybe i'll get lucky :) when did they let you know right at the end or a few months before?
MY16 HSE Dynamic auto,Firenze red, black pano roof, Privacy Glass, cirrus interior, Dynamic Mode, 20 inch wheels, gesture tailgate, InControl Premium, 360 surround camera , keyless entry + few extras
Uncle View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:55pm
Just checked mine which should end this month but the app says it expires Dec 2018 ..... So I get a 4th year   
Evoque Pure SD4 9 speed auto Kaikora Stone
Syl View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:26am
I asked my dealer about this when I bought a new RRS last week. He said he had never sold a renewal but neither had he ever heard of it stopping working. For the moment it appears to be free.
MY17 RR Evoque Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 4:09pm
now thats interesting syl thx for that Smile
restyler View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

restyler that is a result maybe i'll get lucky :) when did they let you know right at the end or a few months before?

Just checked the emails & it was 2 weeks before due expiry
Here's the Paste:-

Dear XXXXXXXX

The InControl Remote subscription on your vehicle is due to expire on 31/10/2017.

For vehicles that were amongst the earliest to be fitted with InControl, Land Rover UK is offering a complimentary extension to this subscription for 12 months. That means you can continue your adventures on and off-road with the same connectivity features.

HE BENEFITS OF INCONTROL INCLUDED IN THE 12 MONTH EXTENSION

For added reassurance and convenience, InControl Remote* delivers a Remote Smartphone App, Optimised Land Rover Assistance and SOS Emergency call. SOS Emergency call will continue regardless of your subscription status.

Through the app, you can check your fuel levels remotely, find your vehicle in a busy car park, record your journeys and even check that you haven't left a window open.

In the event of a breakdown, Optimised Land Rover Assistance** transmits location and vehicle diagnostic data to your recovery company. In a more serious incident, SOS Emergency Call notifies the emergency services of your location.

OPTING OUT OF THE RENEWAL

However, if you would like to opt-out of the additional 12-month subscription, you can do so by logging in to the My Land Rover InControl Website. Simply head to the Vehicle Settings tab for the relevant vehicle and select the 'Remove Vehicle' button. You're required to enter the PIN code that you used when activating your InControl account.

If you require additional assistance please contact us on 0370 5000 500.

Despite opting out, you can change your mind at any time within the 12 month extension period and continue to use the remainder of the free extension by Activating InControlRemote again on your vehicle.

Please refer to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy for more information in relation to your InControl subscription.

We hope that you continue to enjoy the benefits of InControl Remote.

Bigger than a MINI - Smaller than the Moon
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:26pm
thx for that.... just checked the app and mine runs out 3rd Oct next year so who knows i may get lucky :) 
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:37am
I bought my Evoque when it was 7 months old .  When i got the dealer to transfer the app to me it gave me 3 years from the date it transferred.   I thought I'd only get the balance.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 10:25am
that was good xz ... be interesting to see what happens to mine nearer the time 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic