FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

How do you remove the rear door card?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matt42 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you remove the rear door card?
    Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 1:36pm
Managed to bust the larger speaker grille in the back door of our 5 door car.

As you can replace just the speaker grille, I've got hold of a whole new door card with the plan to swap it over with the current one.

Looking at the replacement card, there are fixings at all different angles and positions, lighting cables, etc - it doesn't look simple!

Does anyone know if there are instructions for removal and replacement of the REAR door card? I can only find front door instructions online, and whilst i appreciate some of it will be the same i want to make sure i don't bust anything trying to get the old one off.

Thanks!
MY16 SE Tech 180 Auto - Firenze Red, Ebony Leather, Cirrus Headlining
Sponsored Links

PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 3:00pm
Never done the rear so cant help, But I should think all the methods of fixing will be pretty much the same as the front Door cards, with the new one in hand you should be able to work out where all the clips need pulling from, then the cables are usually on a connector and the door handle pull should be the same, you might need to move over all the electrical gadgetry that sits in the card, if there is any in the rear (like lock solenoids etc), before refitting.

Be great if you could post a picture of the inside of the door card, so we can see where the clips are.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
BobH View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:01pm
Found this link in BabyRR which may be of help , but you may have to sign up to view.

http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=3681
MY14 Evoque Pure ED4, Orkney Grey, Cirrus Interior,Cirrus Morzine Headliner, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate, Front Fog Lamps,Spare Wheel, Rear Camera /Front Parking Aid. Halogens with signature LED
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:41am
Good find there Bob!
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
Matt42 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:09pm
Thanks Bob - that's just what i need!

This is the issue:

And you can't simply swap the speaker cover, because at the back they are moulded/melted together with the door panel:

And this is the back of the whole door panel - i'll get better pics when i attempt the swap over:

Which also means i'm going to have a virtually complete door card as spares if anyone needs anything?
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:12pm
There was an article about this ages ago - something cracked the speaker cover, LR quoted almost 1k to replace. 

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/152965/watchdog-massive-900-bill-for-evoque-speaker-cover
MY16.5 Dynamic HSE | Loire Blue | Fuji White Pano Roof + Wing Mirrors | Privacy Glass | 508s | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Dynamics | Active Driveline | 360 Cameras | Heated Steering Wheel | Spare Wheel
Matt42 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:21pm
or £60 + £10 P&P from a breakers for the whole panel off ebay!

I saw the same article and had a major panic!
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Matt42 Matt42 wrote:

or £60 + £10 P&P from a breakers for the whole panel off ebay!

I saw the same article and had a major panic!

my thoughts exactly! 
MY16.5 Dynamic HSE | Loire Blue | Fuji White Pano Roof + Wing Mirrors | Privacy Glass | 508s | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Dynamics | Active Driveline | 360 Cameras | Heated Steering Wheel | Spare Wheel
Matt42 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:20pm
Damn it!!!

Successfully swapped the door panel today to my replacement - only broke one clip so all went back together well.

i got in the car to make sure the handle was working OK when i noticed this....

The panel around the window switch was a dark grey - ours is gloss black, then i noticed that we have silver stitching, the replacement has black and the door handle surround was black, ours is gloss. Bugga

Took it all off again and ground off the moulded tabs that hold the speaker in - that let me separate the grille from the door panel - so you can see this could have easily been done from the factory, but as they effectively melt it on - you can't easily separate.

did the same on my original door panel to replace the broken grille, then superglued the good speaker cover to the original panel, and put it all back together again!!

took a lot longer than it should - but its all done, and actually getting the door panel on and off is actually quite easy in practice

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic