FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Evoque in the garage again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evoque in the garage again.
    Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:08am
Hi peeps, it's back in again, last time was February for the haldex pump and it's doing the same again. Now it's the haldex coupling. Not all bad news though as they have lent me a brand new X5 M sports!!! What a tool that is.
HDD Sat nav, memory seats, fold in mirrors, Sig lights, illuminated lights, front park sensers, heated front screen, CD player, lumber support, maridien sound system and toe bar.
Sponsored Links

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:22am
Nightmare - but is the X5 M good - one on my potential list for next car Big smile
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:25am
Tasty!
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 11:25am
But way too heavy on the company car tax loading list, unfortunately
Mal.Prior View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal.Prior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 12:39pm
Mine has a loud "thump" when accelerating hard and changing from 1st to 2nd. I'm thinking it's the haldex pump.

It's booked into the garage on Thursday, but I'm wondering what the cost might be, and labour time.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:44am
X5 was amazing tbh. Best car iv ever driven and iv had some good ones. Just does everything and more. So smooth and put it into sports mode it puts a massive smile on my face!
HDD Sat nav, memory seats, fold in mirrors, Sig lights, illuminated lights, front park sensers, heated front screen, CD player, lumber support, maridien sound system and toe bar.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:45am
Got it back yesterday and they have changed the pump and coupling. Cost warranty just over £1800 so glad about that.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 9:27am
Result.

What engine did the X5 have?
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 11:58am
3 litre. Update, the car is worse now than before. It grinds on full lock. I'm starting to think it's the diff. It's basically undrivable. Will be phoning them back first thing Monday.

Not happy
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 12:03pm
That's not acceptable.

What concerns me is the quality of checking out, the completed work. I had a similar issue with a windscreen.

The moment the car leaves the dealer and enters real world driving a fault manifests again.

Keep us posted and good luck.

By the way the 6 cyl 3.0d engine is a beauty. 
1 Umbrella.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:30am
Phoning them first thing at 8am. Iv had to take it to work as the wife refuses to drive it. Will keep you posted, thanks.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 2:57pm
Update, took it back in again and had a mechanic come out with me. Didn't go more than 5 foot before he said it was the haldex pump again. No cars for me to jump in so it's going back in Wednesday evening. Not happy at all.
Mal.Prior View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal.Prior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 6:17pm
I ALWAYS have some problem with the dealership!

As if the faults and cost isn't enough, my dealership just seems to unnecessarily stick the boot in! Either they don't repair what I asked them to, or the leather interior and carpets are covered in mud, oil, and whatever else the mechanics have on their overalls......although, to be fair, they ALWAYS leave it dirty!!!!

Still, you can't expect anything else can you...seeing as I'm still waiting for a PROMISED reply from this forums CRC rep about my initial breakdowns and customer services complaints, but that was in February this year, so not long really!!!!
Still, I will readily speak about my issues online, and have already changed the mind of two people who were serious about buying Land Rover. So I lost £2,000, and Land Rover lost at least £90,000...and I'm not going to stop...EVER!
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 7:53am
They still have it but now saying it could be the abs sensors.
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:45am
Know nothing of machanical side of things , but surly as a lot of posts are stating landrover are putting cars back out when obviously the fault is not rectified properly ,are there machanical under so much pressure ,is there enough of them is there a guy in charge who inspects and tests on road rather than plugs into computer and passes it ,just seems like I'm reading reoccurring faults ,bad customer service everywhere I look, mines in 7 days now owned it 16 joke
Dmc
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:35pm
UPDATE::::: now getting peed off. They have changed all the abs sensors and it's still juddering. They are now scratching there heads and don't no what to do. There words not mine.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Usually, when the dealers team are stumped, they contact LR and their Technical Guys show up.

Do you know if your dealer has had any conversations with LR?
1 Umbrella.
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:48pm
Not good at all - have they given you something good to drive until they finish scratching their heads?
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:52pm
Right just had a call from the dealer. They contacted LR teq and told them to change the haldex unit again. Apparently if you have one of these changed you get a reconditioned unit, fact! They are now ordering in a brand new unit. Reconditioned parts what a joke. They have given me another evoque but very basic.
Andy M View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:30am
Update: it's still in the garage!
Steve D View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Andy M Andy M wrote:

.......They are now scratching their heads and don't know what to do. Their words, not mine.

Doesn't exactly give you any confidence does it? I'd just tell 'em to keep it and give me one that works.
Manly Santorini black SD4A Dynamic Lux with beastly ebony leather, brutish shadow chromes and privacy glass. Grrrrr. A real mans Evoque 😉
HP1 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HP1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:56pm
I used to work in LR dealerships, and the level of service expected was very high. The problems I'm having with Marshall LR, and their exceedingly low level of customer care, makes me wonder whether the mothership has lost their focus.
It just seems to be 'buy a car and now f off'.
Much as I love my Evoque I won't be buying another JLR product.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
RRS owner Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:02pm
Not all dealers are the same though.
It seems there are an awful lot of dealers giving themselves a bad name and LR dont seem to be getting on top of this. The dealers sell their brands so I dont know why they dont have a closer control.
But i have dealt with a couple of dealers who have looked after me quite well.
Pity they cant all be the same.....and treat all customers as they would want treated themselves.
Hope it gets sorted soon AndyM....must be so frustrating!
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Gavlenko View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavlenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:10am
AndyM - nightmare, keep your chin up you'll get out the other side eventually - methinks a request for some compensation from the dealership is in order.
BMW X1 MSport (for longer than tattoobob)- previous owner of a 2016MY SE Tech in Corris Grey, 18 inch 706 wheels, lunar/ivory interior - spare wheel (deleted - disco light function - a la the Beast)
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:40am
That's why I used a LR Service Dealer who lost their sales licence, (why, because they were out in the sticks and could not/would not convert their showroom to the shiny chrome and glass corporate style).

The level of service was excellent.
1 Umbrella.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic