FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Dynamic Mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Brownmummy View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:17am
I picked up my evoque 3 days ago. I'm going to try the dynamic ride today down our winding country lanes. Can't wait!
Sponsored Links

XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:27am
Enjoy and let us know what you think about it Thumbs Up
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Steve D View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by J. Dub J. Dub wrote:

I can't tell a difference between standard mode and dynamic mode. I only have 20k miles on the odometer. So the shocks can't be bad. 

Get the car up to about 40-50 mph on a clear, empty road. Swerve left and right as much as you dare in non-Dynamic mode. Note the body roll. Repeat in Dynamic mode and note the difference. It's as different as night and day - if you can't notice that, there's something wrong with your system.
Manly Santorini black SD4A Dynamic Lux with beastly ebony leather, brutish shadow chromes and privacy glass. Grrrrr. A real mans Evoque 😉
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
RRS owner Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:41am
The anti-roll and more specific steering is what you will notice most.
Don't forget to throw it into sport mode as well - and if really ambitious, use the paddles.....now you have a sporty feel and a fast response with all 3 engaged 👍
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 7:47am
Spiderman and Steve D, stop it!! I'm getting too excited. Will post my experience. Thanks for the practical tips re comparison, guys.
johnh View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 8:58am
I mainly notice the stiffness of the steering. The downside I feel is the suspension that picks up the pot holes prevalent in our B roads . I like using it on motorways because,at speed,it helps the steering feel more positive with less drift.The dials turning red is pretty cool. For smoothness I tend to leave mine in comfort mode.
MY15 Corris grey,contrastroof,part blackpack,Dynamic Auto,shadow chrome,panoramic roof keyless entry,powered tailgate,spoiler,
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by johnh johnh wrote:

I mainly notice the stiffness of the steering. The downside I feel is the suspension that picks up the pot holes prevalent in our B roads . I like using it on motorways because,at speed,it helps the steering feel more positive with less drift.The dials turning red is pretty cool. For smoothness I tend to leave mine in comfort mode.

There is not change in the steering stiffness for me. 
There was on the rejected evoque, but barely noticeable on my replacement. :-( 
MY16.5 Dynamic HSE | Loire Blue | Fuji White Pano Roof + Wing Mirrors | Privacy Glass | 508s | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Dynamics | Active Driveline | 360 Cameras | Heated Steering Wheel | Spare Wheel
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:19am
Wow Majeric - I'd get them to take a look at that?
I didn't have the dynamic on my "dynamic" Evoque but the have it on my RRS and must say - massive difference on the windy roads..... the Mrs no longer ends in my lap on the bends......no comments please 😂
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:59am
LOL

So does it stop that horrible "roll" - kids get driven in a RRS that is about 5 years old (friends) and they hate it because they say it makes them feel sick because it rolls and wallows like a boat?  Put me off upgrading TBH - but maybe its doesnt have this?
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:26pm
That's got to be the way he/she drives?
There's very little roll to be fair in comfort mode but yes with the adaptive button pressed you can certainly throw it around the lanes with hardly any roll at all....
I'd wanna sit in the back one day and see how he/she drives.....or follow him/her......
Why do I assume it's a woman......😂😂😂😂

Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:31pm
Tried the dynamic mode, and there's definitely less drift whilst negotiating bends; the drive feels sportier and the car hugs the road more than in Normal mode. I I definitely prefer it to normal mode now.
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:38pm
Spidey - sorry to disappoint - but it's s man!!
Maybe you only get the feel in the back - or yes maybe they are just a bad driver!!!
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Just a thought Beast......you said it was 5 years old.....that will possibly be the older shape, the bigger square ended RRS....that had more rolls than Greggs ......
Brownmummy......glad you tested the roll.....hope you held on tight 👍
the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:18pm
Yes it is the old style - so I need to tell the beasties it's ok as long as I buy a new one!!!
Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 8:36pm
I love my Dynamic Mode.

Had it in my Prestige too (cost option both times) but I'd not be without.

My first Evoque purchase, on asking the salesman "...and this Adaptive Dynamics, what does it do and is it worth the £1500 extra?", his reply was "... um, well as far as I know, it just makes the dials go red"!! If I had just taken his word for it (he didn't think it was worth £1500 or whatever the extra cost on my Prestige was) I'd never have gone for it. A leap of faith after watching some JLR internal presentation video I found on the web somewhere about it, and glad I did.
Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
Angel View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 9:27am
love my button ... glad you tried it and it's converted you as well.... shame spidey had to get another car to join our button club LOL
MY16 HSE Dynamic auto,Firenze red, black pano roof, Privacy Glass, cirrus interior, Dynamic Mode, 20 inch wheels, gesture tailgate, InControl Premium, 360 surround camera , keyless entry + few extras
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 11:57am
Had I have known the crafty beggars had secretly taken it off .......... 😡
Tone1 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tone1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 8:30am
Does it mean I have this dynamic ride facility, ( I should look I know)if my car is a November 2016 HSE Dynamic Lux?Confused
Nov-2016 HSE DYN LUX|Farallon Black|ebony Int|Black Pack|All Dyn Lux Refinements!
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 9:27am
You have the same year/model as me and I don't have it.   It was made an option for MY16 on Dynamic / Dynamic Lux Wacko.    The easiest way to see if you have it is to look at the symbols to the rear of the gear shifter.   If there is a gap in the middle of the symbols you don't have it.   5 Symbols you do, 4 you don't.
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Steve D View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 10:38am
You're looking for the wiggly road symbol like on the far left of this picture. If you don't have that, you don't have a dynamic mode.

Manly Santorini black SD4A Dynamic Lux with beastly ebony leather, brutish shadow chromes and privacy glass. Grrrrr. A real mans Evoque 😉
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by XZ4 XZ4 wrote:

It was made an option for MY16 on Dynamic / Dynamic Lux [IMG]smileys/smiley29.gif"

Earlier than that.......It fell into the option zone on the MY15 ....... and was kept very quiet....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic