FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Dynamic Mode

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
agarrow View Drop Down
Evoque Newbie
Evoque Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dynamic Mode
    Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 10:45am
Hi, I just took delivery of my Dynamic SD4 (with 20" wheels) but it doe snot have a dynamic mode (only the offroad selections available).

Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links

Richard Marler View Drop Down
Evoque Newbie
Evoque Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Marler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 11:30am
Should be to the left of the normal driving mode on the mode selector?
tysonboy View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysonboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 1:53pm
agree with Richard, just below the gear selector is all your functions, Dynamic mode is one touch left from normal driving, if for any reason its not there all I can think of is that the spec of the standard items are different from country to country, would be well chesse'd off though if didnt have it, fantastic function
Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto, Orkney Grey, Verve Red/Black interior, Ebony Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Mud Guards
Evoque Down Under View Drop Down
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador
The Moderator Formerly Known As...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 2:35pm
Adaptive Dynamics (Dynamic mode) is only available on SD4 and Si4 engines and is not standard in all markets. I believe that it is standard in the UK for these engines on Dynamic.

In Australia, adaptive dynamics is a $1,950 upgrade - NO THANK YOU!
MY12 // TD4 Dynamic // 5 door // Auto // Mauritius Blue // Fuji White Panoramic Roof // Pursuit Interior // Style 6 Wheels // Rear Camera // Front Sensors // Heated Seats
agarrow View Drop Down
Evoque Newbie
Evoque Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 3:23pm
Thanks. I think it must be an option (in Switzerland). I was not aware this was an option. Never mind. 
Hammie View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 9:16pm
Yeah, an option here too. Odd, since most things in the States are "package options only". It is well over $1000 here.
Arrived May 4: Fuji White w/ Tan/Ivory/Espresso 5d Si4 Prestige: Nav, climate pkge, privacy glass, pano roof, satellite/HD radio, mats, mudflaps, silver roof rails, 20" style 6 wheels, & sport pedals
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 12:12am
I'm sure it's a 'nice to have' feature, but I wonder how often it really gets used? Maybe those out there with Adaptive Dynamics can comment?

Still, if you've got an automatic and feel like opening her up, flip the gear rotor dial in to S mode and use your paddle shifters!
MY12 // TD4 Dynamic // 5 door // Auto // Mauritius Blue // Fuji White Panoramic Roof // Pursuit Interior // Style 6 Wheels // Rear Camera // Front Sensors // Heated Seats
Richard Marler View Drop Down
Evoque Newbie
Evoque Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Marler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:51am
I haven't read too much about it, but it definitely stiffens the whole car up a bit if you want to push on a bit. Red dials are a nice touch too. 
Geogeo View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geogeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 9:37am
Dynamic mode is awesome. I have driven circa 27k miles in mine to date. Mostly in std mode. But a few times I have gone out to "play" as it were, it's been brilliant. It makes the car handle like a hot hatch. Twin it up with S mode and paddle shifts and not only do you have a great handling car but one that can move at a fair lick on country lanes too. Yes it's a bit pricey although std on the Dynamic. Anyway, the red dials do it for me alone! If you are a relatively sedate driver and never likely to throw it round a bend or roundabout at speed, don't bother with it.

If you like "driving" a car and appreciate good handling, this system does it better than any other car. I believe only the Audi R8 has this sort of technology and it's been reported the Evoques system is better. Don't quote me on this, but sure I read it somewhere.
Dynamic 5 door Auto SD4,Sumatra,pursuit, lux pack, heated steering wheel, privacy, adaptive Xenons, Tyre pressure system, strata trim. Follow progress on twitter @evoqroadwarrior I do 40k miles pa
Ratbo View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 1:21pm
Same dampers as on R8, TT & certain Ferraris, but understand Evoque has 3rd generation
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 8:38pm
Went out into the countryside yesterday, on this occasion left it in normal mode, quite a few miles on dual carriageway, it was rocky steady and silky smooth.

The feature of AD is that it is permanently on, however, things are firmed up when you select it on the left button and your dials go Red.  Really good on the twisties.
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
HotKuro View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HotKuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 6:42am
I live in the Pennines and lots of steep hills, twists, adverse cambers and terrible weather!! Definitely stiffens up nicely with flat neutral handling. I've not taken to the limit but there's a big difference compared to standard mode. Red dials are a nice touch and in Comand mode, I agree with GeoGeo, it's like a hot hatch (our other car's an S3). Admittedly not as pokey but still has lots of mid range punch and amazing handling.

Pricey as an option though and std mode should be good enough for most roads.
Ordered Sept 2011, arrived May 10th 2012 - SD4 Dynamic Plus Lux, Auto, 5 Door, Santorini Black, Shadow Style 7s, Pan Roof, Velocity Interior, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Premium Mats.
tysonboy View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysonboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 5:31pm
even though fitted to mine as standard (thankfully) i wont of paid the extra to have it fitted if i would of choose a diffrent model, yes it is great to have, turns this 37 yr old man into a teenager again, and all the above comments are true, but just for normal driving doesnt make any difference, so if you havent got it you aint gonna miss it, save your money.
Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto, Orkney Grey, Verve Red/Black interior, Ebony Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Mud Guards
SKICAT View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKICAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:17pm
Your right Tysonboy - I had a pure for 6 weeks (courtesy of land rover) and thought the suspension was good. Then I got my dynamic and realised that the car now behaved much more like my old TT and love it, but if you have never had it, you certainly won't miss it.
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:06am

Good point Tysonboy. I think for the $2,000 price tag, a panoramic roof ($1500) makes far more of a statement. Plus, the panaromic roof would get used 100% of the time, whereas the Adaptive Dynamics would be <1% of your total kilometers (based on the comments from those who seldom use it).

Edited by Evoque Down Under - 05 Jul 2012 at 8:09am
SKICAT View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKICAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 7:44pm
EDU - the adaptive dynamics are on all the time and the feel of the drive is different in the standard mode than a car without them. It just stiffens the car up in dynamic mode.
Evoque Ambassador
Evoque Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoque Down Under Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:51pm
Thanks Skicat - you're right. I was (obviously) thinking about the Dynamic Mode only.
Redbikerat View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbikerat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:57pm
I totally agree.  It all depends what you want from your car.  The Evoque is a nice drive without Dynamic mode and can still move fast enough to be entertaining.  You don't need it to have a fun drive.  That said If I had to buy another Evoque I would fork out for the Dynamic, for me it makes a good car even better to drive, especially with the paddle shift which allows you to avoid an annoying automatic kick down when you want to accelerate hard out of a corner.Wink
Dymamic, Firenza, black roof, Pano, red/black leather, gangster glass.
J. Dub View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:04am
I can't tell a difference between standard mode and dynamic mode. I only have 20k miles on the odometer. So the shocks can't be bad. 
In memory of Robert E. Flynn
AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 11:21am
I'm surprised tbh you can't feel any difference at all. It's not huge, but on cornering and changing lane the steering should feel that little bit stiffer and on sharp cornering/swerving the body roll a little bit less. The downside is of course on a rough road, you feel the surface a bit more!
MY12 3dr SD4 190hp 4WD Auto Dynamic Orkney Grey/Narvik Black Roof, custom black wheels, Verve interior. Plus power tailgate/privacy glass/spare wheel + PhilSkil power tailgate mod.
Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by J. Dub J. Dub wrote:

So the shocks can't be bad. 

Um, on a Magneride suspension, the concept of 'shocks' is a bit outdated as its the 'active magnetic dampers' that control the suspension feel. You don't have 'shocks that could be bad' but you'd need to a) drive the same car bit with conventional suspension to compare and b) drive on a surface that is rutted and rough to truly feel the difference between the AD programme being on and off.

Hell, even Mrs T can tell when I'm in 'red dial' mode, just by the feel of the ride through her arse. But of course in the UK, our roads aren't glassy smooth like in the US (and probably 90% of the rest of the developed world)
Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Trapdoor Trapdoor wrote:

.. But of course in the UK, our roads aren't glassy smooth like in the US ...

No offence to US owners, but unless things have changed since I was there not all roads in the States are glassy smooth - the best Interstate Highways maybe, but after that...
MY12 3dr SD4 190hp 4WD Auto Dynamic Orkney Grey/Narvik Black Roof, custom black wheels, Verve interior. Plus power tailgate/privacy glass/spare wheel + PhilSkil power tailgate mod.
kojak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Who loves ya baby!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kojak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 5:28pm
Agree with the above posts,
And You would need to be putting the car under a bit more load through corners and undulations  with speed than your average drive of course. Otherwise there would be no real reason for it.
So a faster set of flowing bends with lumps and bumps will be the real test.
09-03-2015

Indus Silver Dynamic - Auto

J. Dub View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J. Dub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by AndyM AndyM wrote:

No offence to US owners, but unless things have changed since I was there not all roads in the States are glassy smooth - the best Interstate Highways maybe, but after that...
No our roads suck.  Bad
In memory of Robert E. Flynn
AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by J. Dub J. Dub wrote:

Originally posted by AndyM AndyM wrote:

No our roads suck.  Bad

To be fair yours are generally much straighter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic