FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

dash Cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oakley1 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakley1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dash Cam
    Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 7:04pm
Good Evening,

Having seen a car park in one of our local car parks at the weekend I need to have a dash cam fitted. I live in Hampshire and I would need a company to install it for us.
Can any one recommend a company I can use and trust with my car.

Thanks

MY16.5 HSE Dynamic auto,Kaikoura Stone, pano roof, Privacy Glass, cirrus interior, Dynamic Mode, 20 inch wheels, gesture tailgate, InControl Premium, 360 surround camera , keyless entry + few extras
Sponsored Links

XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:58am
I just fitted one myself.   Quite simple.   Any good auto electrician should be able to fit one for you in about 1 hour.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Gary pa28 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary pa28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:38pm
Be careful if you have DAB was advised somemakes will knock some stations out , I wanted the blackvue due to the size of it it , but was advised against it and offered another brand ,not as nice looking .Didnt go ahead with it
Loire blue HSE dynamic,privacy glass ,spare wheel
Trapdoor View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm
Thinkware F770 front and rear is fine with DAB .... god camera as well, excellent quality from both cameras but you would probably benefit from a polarising filter on the front due to the angle of the screen.
Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Gary pa28 Gary pa28 wrote:

Be careful if you have DAB was advised somemakes will knock some stations out , I wanted the blackvue due to the size of it it , but was advised against it and offered another brand ,not as nice looking .Didnt go ahead with it

It's all about routing of the cable and sometimes adding some ferrite cores on the cable can stop the noise interference, any high speed cabling can cause this, Blackvue improved the screening of the cabling, and also sell specific ferrite cores too.

This only applies if you are fitting a rear dash-cam too, as the DAB antenna is in the rear spoiler.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
colin4x4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colin4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 8:01pm
My DIY dash cam is sucker mounted on the windscreen and charged via the 12V socket, and I ran the thin cable up behind the dash and trim to windscreen. 

Plenty like that on Ebay and easy to fit yourself. All different prices depending on how high spec you want. Mine was under £50.
SD4 Dynamic, Firenze Red, Panoramic Roof, spare tyre, Detachable tow ball.
Reecey View Drop Down
Evoque Senior
Evoque Senior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reecey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 10:36am
Installed mine in exactly the same way.
I have a MiVue which has the added advantage of speed camera alerts built in.
Got refurbished version of EBay for about £80.00 earlier this year.
2016 TD4 SE Tech, Corris Grey, Parking Camera, Mud Guards, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate,Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass. (That's all I could afford)
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:49am
there are two different blackvue DR650 2 channel versions. 
one kills DAB, the other doesnt. So if you do go down the blackvue route, make sure you get the right one. 

DR650S <-- WORKS WITH DAB
DR650GW <-- DOESN't WORK WITH DAB. 

MY16.5 Dynamic HSE | Loire Blue | Fuji White Pano Roof + Wing Mirrors | Privacy Glass | 508s | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Dynamics | Active Driveline | 360 Cameras | Heated Steering Wheel | Spare Wheel
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:26pm
Useful Info thanks majeric, that's not clear from the blackvue site.

DR750S-2ch has been launched :)
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by PhilSkill PhilSkill wrote:

Useful Info thanks majeric, that's not clear from the blackvue site.

DR750S-2ch has been launched :)

that it true!

MY16.5 Dynamic HSE | Loire Blue | Fuji White Pano Roof + Wing Mirrors | Privacy Glass | 508s | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Dynamics | Active Driveline | 360 Cameras | Heated Steering Wheel | Spare Wheel
L18ESK View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L18ESK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:15pm
Is the DR750S 2ch the one to go for over the thinkware?
MY14 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack - Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass
L18ESK View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L18ESK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:15pm
Sick of watching reviews on YouTube lol
MY14 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic - Santorini Black with full Black Pack - Panoramic Roof - Xenons - 20" Black Dynamic - Memory Seats - Privacy Glass
majeric View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote majeric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by L18ESK L18ESK wrote:

Is the DR750S 2ch the one to go for over the thinkware?

i think its a subjective view - you can compare specs like for like, but its all depends on what you want. 
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 5:23pm
They both use the Latest Starvis Sony sensor, have GPS etc etc, not sure there is much to choose between them.
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 12:01pm
Looks like the thinkware has built in Voltage detection, where-as the Blackvue is a smaller unit and has to have the external powermagic pro. Thinkware can have additional batteries added too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic