FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Collecting the Evoque this week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baldenwonder View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Collecting the Evoque this week
    Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:41pm
I received an email from the dealer that my car would be ready to collect on Wednesday. So I'm hoping to get it before next weekend. Bit of time to organise all the insurance and gap insurance and all of that stuff.
Range Rover Evoque Fuji White' pano and black roof ordered and waiting
Sponsored Links

XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 7:10am
Great news.  Bet you can't wait now.
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:20am
A few sleepless nights beckon then. Wink

3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 6:35pm
Yes, I have been reading up a lot and checking out dash cams and wheels but I'm looking forward to being in the good books with my wife for getting a new car. I'm terrible waiting for things, but they do says God things are worth the wait.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
RRS owner Honourary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 8:35pm
I've had a few of those sleepless weeks let alone nights.
Don't forget you have 7 days free LR insurance so no need to worry too much and the forum sponsors for gap insurance are the best in my opinion.
Hope the handover goes well.....good luck 👍
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:43pm
That's good to know thank you and takes the pressure off a bit. It will be interesting to look into the best types of insurance as it will be loosing value as its new I expect a bit faster. I had not thought of wheel and panel insurance before. I think I'll be waiting for the dealership to open on the day and trying to get some sleep before.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
RRS owner Honourary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:30am
The excitement of picking up a new Land Rover/Range Rover never stops!
And when you get it, you never say "why did I lose all that sleep" you say "this is why"
So don't worry, it's all the joy of buying a British made product 👍
Even after picking it up, I'm still losing sleep with the excitement of driving it....😂

If you havent called insurance yet, just get a quote as I got the shocker that I needed a tracker fitted.....not all do, depends on your area and how high the risk is......but worth knowing now, so you are prepared....Birmingham is high risk so they wouldnt insure me without one, worth checking👍
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 9:26am
I found the quotes a bit on the high side when I got mine.   2 and a half times what I was paying for my Z4.    Fortunately the company I'm with didn't ask for a tracker.   Must be the nice area I live in Spidey Wink
MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Design Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Alloys.
AndyM View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:16am
Always worth trying the NFU, they are usually competitive, and also a good organisation to deal with if you ever have to make a claim!
MY12 3dr SD4 190hp 4WD Auto Dynamic Orkney Grey/Narvik Black Roof, custom black wheels, Verve interior. Plus power tailgate/privacy glass/spare wheel + PhilSkil power tailgate mod.
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:16pm
evoqueevoque 2
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 9:18pm
It's here at last and not sunk in yet that it's mine. Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!
I shall have the windows tinted as for better heat reflective properties. Black badges will be put on this week and when I'm more used to driving it possibly large wheels. :)
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:58am
Black lettering and window tints will look great Thumbs Up
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:29am
Thank you. Yes, I was so tempted to add the black badges at the weekend but the Bodyshop will do this later in the week. Wink
Gary pa28 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary pa28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:14pm
Very nice ,
Black letters are a must , worth the wait was it
Loire blue HSE dynamic,privacy glass ,spare wheel
Gary pa28 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary pa28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by XZ4 XZ4 wrote:

I found the quotes a bit on the high side when I got mine.   2 and a half times what I was paying for my Z4.    Fortunately the company I'm with didn't ask for a tracker.   Must be the nice area I live in Spidey Wink

Changed my insurance over from my AUDI A5 just another £79 so still less than £500 ,but checked papers when they arrived and had it down as manual , now another £50 just for the gearbox so just over£500 still not bad considering the car.No tracker required on cars less Than 80K and it wouldn't of lowered the premium either .

GAP sorted ,got a price off site sponsor very reasonable,but went with ALA as I carried over balance from the AUDI policy and the price matched also

Loire blue HSE dynamic,privacy glass ,spare wheel
XZ4 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:43pm
I was paying under £200 for the Z4.   £450 for the Evoque.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
You have got to be chuffed with that Baldenwonder.

Interesting Number Plate.
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldenwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:43pm
Hi, I'm really enjoying it thanks. I deleted out some of the digits on the number plate on here so it wouldn't be cloned and I'll be sent loads of parking fines or congestion charges. I had a friend who had that problem. I got gap insurance from the sponsor here and it was about £300 fully comp and claims protected which wasn't too bad.

So lovely to drive but I need to go to a place tonight and park up with muddy tracks and branches poking out so I shall not be driving this. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic