FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Climate Control Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Norikita View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Climate Control Issue
    Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 3:17pm
Afternoon all

I have a very strange problem that RR are having trouble diagnosing.

I have a 2016 Evoque with an intermittent climate control issue. Sometimes (maybe 40% of the time) the climate system either blows freezing cold or red hot regardless of the cabin temperature setting or the outside air temperature. For example last weekend the outside temperature was 16 degrees C and the car was blowing red hot air for the entire 45 minute journey. About 2 hours later on the return journey, similar outside temperature, the system wouldn't stop blowing freezing air and we had to pull over to put coats on.

When the problem is occurring I can take the system off "auto" and manually select the fan speed but I have no control over direction - when I select screen, face, or feet the system continues doing its own thing. When I turn the system to "off" it carries on doing it's own thing.

I can find no correlation between outside temperature (the instrument panel read out appears correct) time of day, length of journey, vehicle standing time etc, and RR seem at a total loss.

Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas what this could be? Software gremlin? Matrix/controller issue?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 4:52pm
If you read this thread,

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Issue-with-air-conditioning?highlight=cold

steegie had a similar problem, and it was resolved by replacing the stepper motors that direct the air flow.
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
Norikita View Drop Down
Evoque User
Evoque User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norikita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Thanks - I'll mention this to the dealer.

Gotta love intermittent faults Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic