FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Can't lock car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:38pm
It is a popular misconception I believe. Hug
Sponsored Links

the beast View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:50pm
Glad to see its pick on Maffy day not pick on Beastie day Hug
2016 2.0 TD4 SE Tech 5dr Firenze Red, Black pano roof, with add ons!
Evoque Owners Club Stickers www.beastvog.co.uk
Maffy View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm
Pick away my dearest, pick away---I deserve it!!!!!!   (NOT) Hug
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:50pm
So has the car locking situation been resolved?
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Paraphil View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paraphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:53pm

Some months ago a small rattle appeared on the RHS Rear window. This could be silenced by opening the window about 2mm, just enough to keep the rain out. Then a few weeks ago this rattle disappeared and by accident I opened the same door without unlocking the door via the remote: not a thing you check, you just assume that the central locking (which appears to be operating on all doors) has done its job! I guess the two problems are not connected but who knows?

Fortunately I can lock this door manually although I have to press the manual lever hard which seems to imply that something may be amiss with the cable. However, having spent hours searching the internet for some guidance there are no details for the Evoque door lock – plenty for other LR models.

I’m now wondering if it is the lock mechanism itself and before I attempt to remove it I thought I might ask if anyone out there has suffered a similar problem and taken off the door lock. I have removed the door card but gone no further so any input would be really appreciated.

bee View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict
Buzz Buzz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 3:28pm
had same, dealer changed lock module. no probs since.  Emoticons
Daveah View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:43pm
Don't know if it's the same layout but I had this with my FL2 and it needed the cable and bits lubricated. Fine after that
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:44pm
Assist guy sprayed mine with silicone spray has worked fine since, I bought wd40 silicone spray works in low temperatures and get him to do it every now and then
Hope yours is as easy
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Paraphil View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paraphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 3:43pm
Thanks bee, Daveah and Donna for response. Will try the silicon spray suggestions and see if this fixes the problem. Don't really want to let my local Evoque dealer to get his hands on it right now as I know he'll just change the lock unit and that'll be expensive.
I'll let you know, in due course, if it works.

Thanks again
private4587 View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote private4587 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:13am
Hi Donna when you say you sprayed the door lock did you have to use the thin tube that often comes with spray cans to get lube right up into the internals of the lock? I am having problems with my drivers door sometimes not locking. But this is not due to weather so could be something else. Would like to try spray first before getting lock changed.
Paraphil View Drop Down
Evoque Groupie
Evoque Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paraphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:56am
This seems to be a regular problem one way or the other.
Use the extended nozzle to get the silicon into all access points you can see - just have a cloth ready to soak up the excess, hope this works but it didn't for me. (refer to my posts on the subject)
In the end I capitulated and had the lock change for a cost of about £260.
In my case I'm still not convinced this was absolutely necessary but you know how it is these days. They don't try and fix things, they can only replace any suspect parts to solve a problem.
Best of luck

Paraphil
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 4:10pm
Hi, it was landrover assist that did mine if you look above the latch there’s also a rubber cap he took this off and sprayed in there as well think it’s about level with the handle just pops off hope it works for you, I’ve done mine every four weeks or so through the winter and not had another problem
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic