FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Range Rover Evoque Owners Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join. New members please look at the General Message area first.
You MUST post an introduction here and it must be approved to access the rest of the site.
Have a question about ordering? We have a dedicated Order Forum.

Blackvue 750s settings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:53pm
Hi

Looking through your settings, I would definitely turn down the sensitivity in normal mode, it only means the files that get marked as event files are less frequent, you don't have lock event files ticked so it makes no difference really ( I do have it ticked, and overwrite event) to try to preserve events, but given 99% of what is recorded is nothing special, you need the special bits, like an impact, highlighted, to help find it later.

My tool downloads event files first too, before all the uneventful stuff.

Then have you noticed a white light in your back screen? You can turn the leds off if you wish.

Unless you like the "blackvue for your safety" message, I'd turn off power up voice command.

The recording image quality is the interesting one. You Have 60fps, with Enhanced night vision off.

I found the enhanced night vision was a bit brighter so turned it on. I think playing with the 60fps and 30fps might be worth a try, see what you prefer, also my old PC was struggling with playing 60fps, but I now have a new laptop so hopefully I can try that again.

I see you've done the firmware update to 1003, I just haven't had a moment, this is my busy time of year!
MY12 Fuji Manual SD4 Dynamic, with Remote Tailgate Closer Module
Sponsored Links

PJRComputerSolutions View Drop Down
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by PhilSkill PhilSkill wrote:

Hi

Looking through your settings, I would definitely turn down the sensitivity in normal mode, it only means the files that get marked as event files are less frequent, you don't have lock event files ticked so it makes no difference really ( I do have it ticked, and overwrite event) to try to preserve events, but given 99% of what is recorded is nothing special, you need the special bits, like an impact, highlighted, to help find it later.

My tool downloads event files first too, before all the uneventful stuff.

Then have you noticed a white light in your back screen? You can turn the leds off if you wish.

Unless you like the "blackvue for your safety" message, I'd turn off power up voice command.

The recording image quality is the interesting one. You Have 60fps, with Enhanced night vision off.

I found the enhanced night vision was a bit brighter so turned it on. I think playing with the 60fps and 30fps might be worth a try, see what you prefer, also my old PC was struggling with playing 60fps, but I now have a new laptop so hopefully I can try that again.

I see you've done the firmware update to 1003, I just haven't had a moment, this is my busy time of year!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your feedback...I've tried the Majority of your settings, so will monitor the performance over a few Days & see how it goes....

Interesting that you have Enabled the Lock Events Option & Overwrite When Full...So have done likewise, & I'll check the Files, after today's Trip to & from Work.....
🚗 MY14 Firenze Red 9-Speed AUTO SD4 Pure Tech No Fogs No XENON's No Pano No Heated Steering Wheel But have Spare Tyre & Non-OEM Cameras!!!! Blackvue DR750S with PMP 64gb SD-Card V Happy With Purchase
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:16pm
Hi Phil,

Having a few "issues" with the Blackvue System....

So far since it was Installed, I've had to Power-Cycle it every Day & That's in addition to the 3am Restart's....

Connecting via Wi-Fi to the Blackvue is also Hit & Miss....

Works when it has been Power-Cycled, But as the Day progresses, It Fails to Connect & Starts asking for the Wi-Fi Password again, saying it is Wrong?

Using the Cloud Connection is also Hit & Miss from my Own Wi-Fi, When I try to Download a File to my Cloud Account when connected to the Camera It starts, then Craps Out & I Lose the Cloud Connection to the Camera & have to Power-Cycle the Camera to Restore Connectivity.....

For such an Expensive system, It Just Shouldn't be that Difficult to get a file & not have to Power-Cycle it every Day for proper functionality....
🚗 MY14 Firenze Red 9-Speed AUTO SD4 Pure Tech No Fogs No XENON's No Pano No Heated Steering Wheel But have Spare Tyre & Non-OEM Cameras!!!! Blackvue DR750S with PMP 64gb SD-Card V Happy With Purchase
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:46pm
This is where my Thinkware wins out, no WiFi, I just remove the MicroSd card if I need to view or save footage.

On my BlackVue I've given up on the WiFi because of similar issues to you. I've got a 128gb Micro SD in it so I would remove that and put it into my laptop if needed.

If only things were simple. Big smile
3 Dynamics all Santorini Black,Pan Roof, Pimento Sports Seats.
Owned & Loved, Sexy Beast, Captain Sensible & Mr Lucky.
1 Umbrella.
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Evo-king Evo-king wrote:

This is where my Thinkware wins out, no WiFi, I just remove the MicroSd card if I need to view or save footage.

On my BlackVue I've given up on the WiFi because of similar issues to you. I've got a 128gb Micro SD in it so I would remove that and put it into my laptop if needed.

If only things were simple. Big smile

At least I'm not the only one having these issues...I've emailed Pitasoft, Now let's see what their CS is like......
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:02pm
Doesn't sound like my experience at all, mines been rock solid, but... Mine is not connected to the car battery, so effectively it is reset everytime the car is off.

Due to time and weather I have not got round to the PMP, and at this time of year I don't really need parking mode as it's only ever on my drive or at work in a safe car-park!

So maybe when I get it onto the car battery these problems will occur. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Battery voltage as it falls, although 12.8 down-to 12V should be fine.
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm

Doesn't sound like my experience at all, mines been rock solid, but... Mine is not connected to the car battery, so effectively it is reset everytime the car is off.

Due to time and weather I have not got round to the PMP, and at this time of year I don't really need parking mode as it's only ever on my drive or at work in a safe car-park!

So maybe when I get it onto the car battery these problems will occur. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Battery voltage as it falls, although 12.8 down-to 12V should be fine.

Hi Phil,

You may have a point with the PMP, but even with it Rebooting @ 3am, I was still having issues, It’s as if it can handle Recording Images, But struggles if asked to Multi-task....

Not tried changing/connecting to it today & it is stable....Have also parked the Car about 2-Foot further up the Drive, so that it is “closer” to the Virgin Router....& the Wi-Fi hasn’t flaked out today....

No response yet from Pitasoft, so a Bit disappointed in that....Will let you know what they say......
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 12:44pm
Certainly I've been having no issue downloading or connecting the Cloud Viewer, Although you can't connect when the camera is recording, so if the movement detection is on, which yours is set to 4, mine is 0.

That may cause issues with the Wifi, I would definitely set that to 0 and see if you get better reliability,

Then you have to consider what is in the field of view when you are parked, 4 I think might be a bit too high, moving tree in the wind may trigger recording.
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:04pm
I've read elsewhere that people have disconnected their PMP and have had less issues.

I'm certainly tempted to try this. 

I only have PMP on my Alfa with BlackVue.

No PMP on my BMW with the Thinkware kit.
1 Umbrella.
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
Blackvue been Quite Stable Since I started Parking 4 Foot further Up the Drive.....

Yesterday I checked the Camera Footage & Noticed around 1.30pm, that Only Front Recordings were being saved....Checked "Live View" & Sure Enough, Only the Front Camera was Working, & Asking to Check the Connection of the Rear...

On Checking this Morning, No LED on Rear Camera. Tried Power-Cycling, Still no Joy....

Suspect, either Aux O/P From Front Camera to Rear Not Working, Rear Camera Faulty or the Co-Ax Between Front & Rear...

Have emailed the supplying Vendors, whether the Installation Guy needs to come out again with a New Box......

Anyone have any other ideas?

Better failing now less than 2-Weeks since Install, But still surprised that something so expensive would fail so soon....Will keep you posted on what transpires.....
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
RRS Owner - Honorary member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm
Ive given up with Blackvue.....far too complicated for the man on the street without a degree!
Tried a bigger card, and it just dont like it... tried the formatting and formatting with software to fat32 and still didnt like it.
So back in goes the original card and just put up with the recording of just 16 hours before looping records over everything
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
Donna View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Spiderman Spiderman wrote:

Ive given up with Blackvue.....far too complicated for the man on the street without a degree!
Tried a bigger card, and it just dont like it... tried the formatting and formatting with software to fat32 and still didnt like it.
So back in goes the original card and just put up with the recording of just 16 hours before looping records over everything

If at first you do not succeed
Buy a budgie ,, they do
Rise up to the challenge lol
15 Plate Dynamic 2.2 Auto. Yulong White Pano/Contrast Roof. Tinted Windows. Black Pack and Sidesteps, Aeroflip ,Illuminated sills, Memory Seats. Rubber Mats and Umbrella!
Gary pa28 View Drop Down
Evoque Addict
Evoque Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary pa28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
To complicated ,
All I wanted was is a decent cam ,not interest with cloud and all the other
Features that the blacvue has. It conects to my phone when I start up via WiFi so I’d i have an incident I can download and save to my phone for later . Im pleased with the quality of video

This happened to me yesterday on way home from work
Someone nearly had a bad day. But lots of horn got her attention and she realised her mistake

https://youtu.be/_l6LYOeDXYk
My17 Loire blue HSE Dynamic,privacy glass ,spare wheel
Evo-king View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Evoqueaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evo-king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 10:39pm

Can't remember if I commented on this before.

I tried everything to format my MicroSD cards (using my laptop, web, phone etc- no joy) as the camera did not recognise them.

Quite by accident I discovered you could format the card on the front camera.  All working hunky dory now.
1 Umbrella.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:05am
All that happens when I insert card is the camera says - check card.
As I dont have WiFi on camera I cant access it to format it from the camera.

Ive given up - just send the 128gb card back....

I bought a cheap 50 quid mini 0806 camera and it was far better than this, easier to use , had WiFi and recorded on 128gb card easy.
Upgraded to this as thought it was a better camera....I was wrong......seems you have to invest a couple of hundred quid in getting the 650 or 750 versions....
Im Sure its a decent camera but just too fussy to use!

I know I know....its not the camera its me....
MY16 Evoque Dynamic HSE Fuji White, Black Contrast Pano Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" 508 Alloys, Power Tailgate - 2 LR Umbrellas
XZ4 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XZ4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
You just need a teenager to help Spidey .  They'll figure it out for you LOL

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Auto, Indus Silver with Black leather, Black Pack, Black roof, Head up display, InControl pro pack, Privacy Glass, 22" Overfinch Harrier Alloys.
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
There's usually a way to format the SD card in the camera, like long hold a button.
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
Yeah it says hold the WiFi button down.......
I dontt have one .......
I have another way......will try once more later.
I will only be beaten for a day......or two....
Every days a school day.......

No XZ4.......im not asking the kids
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 8:35pm
Think I need to ask kids

Used the Blackvue website and followed instructions to format the sd card.....and now computer doesnt even recognise it......MARVELLOUS......
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:07pm
Quick Update with my Situation....

Heard from Blackvue themselves this morning, 4 Days after I emailed them....Their only suggestions was to....

1) Upgrade the firmware to the latest, which I already have &
2) Format the SD-Card & Only use Blackvue One’s.....

Great!!!! So Blackvue Support Appears non-existent if you have any issues.....

As regards to my non-functioning Rear Camera.....No reply from my email to the Blackvue Agents in the UK, So not a very happy bunny, Why is it the more money you spend on something, the Worse the CS & Backup Support....

Anyway, took the plunge & Formatted the current SD Card inside the Camera, So that it “reinitiased” the System....Made sure the Co-Ax Cable was firmly in place between the front Camera & Rear & Power-Cycled again & now have the Rear Camera working again, but for how long......

Will update this thread, with any further developments.....
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 9:40pm
Keep us updated.......
Hopefully you get somewhere.......

I have now formatted the sd card to FAT32 using the Blackvue software and although there is nothing on the card, its showing 3.81mb free space and used space 124gb.
Aaaaand breathe.....
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 9:19pm

Keep us updated.......
Hopefully you get somewhere.......

I have now formatted the sd card to FAT32 using the Blackvue software and although there is nothing on the card, its showing 3.81mb free space and used space 124gb.
Aaaaand breathe.....

Well, after 4-Days of Trouble free issues...The Rear Camera decided to Stop Working again.....

Got in Touch again with the Suppliers, Who have asked me to remove both Cameras & send them back with the Stock 16GB Memory Card, which I’ll do tomorrow.....

So hopefully I’ll get back 2 New Cameras, by return of Post......

So far my experience with the Blackvue has not been, let’s say the best.....

I’ll reserve judgement until I receive the replacements, but if the same issue of Rear Camera not Powering-Up rears it’s head again, then I’ll seriously start about asking for the Installation to be ripped-out.....

But everyone deserves a 2nd Bite @ the Cherry......
PhilSkill View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilSkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:39pm
Noticed there is a Firmware update V1.004 which has improved Wifi Connection.  

Version 1.004:

1. Added Live Auto-upload support (with BlackVue App version 2.68 and higher). Let your dashcam save instantly a live stream to the Cloud when an Event is triggered (by impact or manually).
  2. Improved Wi-Fi connection process.
Evoque Star
Evoque Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJRComputerSolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:50pm

Noticed there is a Firmware update V1.004 which has improved Wifi Connection.  

Yes, Noticed that as well....

Have already Formatted my 64GB SD Card with the New Firmware & will try it once I receive my Replacement Cameras.....
Spiderman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm
All mine says is check sd card......it’s going in the lake soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic